Hi my lovelies! I hope you’re all doing well.
I wanted to share with you all a recipe I made which is perfect for summer, and healthy too, using EatCleanTea’s Matcha Green & Mint Tea powder, and some other healthy bits and bobs!
It’s really quick, simple, and easy. Which is exactly what you want on a hot summer’s day.
I came across EatCleanTea via Twitter, and instantly, after looking at their website and seeing their “Not a Teatox” disclaimer, was desperate for a try.
I can’t stand “Teatoxes”… these things are just really bad ideas. I know that they can affect things like your contraceptive pill, and perhaps other medication you may be on, because they contain ingredients which act as a laxative. Not really a great way to truly get healthy, eh? So finding out that EatCleanTea was against this too was a huge plus to me as these “Teatox” brands seem to be everywhere.
I love peppermint tea, so I obviously chose Green & Mint, because what could be better?! I also find mint tea helps with digestion and helps to get rid of any feelings of bloating, which is perfect for summer when you dare to bare it all!
The idea of the Matcha Powder is to keep all the nutrients in the drink which are usually thrown out when you make a green tea/mint tea with a tea bag and hot water. The nutrients are in the bag, which you then throw away! These powders are ground down and easily soluble, meaning you get all the goodness that green tea/mint tea holds!
My sample arrived within days, so I was really happy with the service.
Onto the drink:
I decided to do an energy based summer drink. I did this purely because I, myself, can feel exhausted on hot days because of the heat. Also, summer barbecues, parties and day-drinking (which we’re all slightly guilty of when the sun appears, lets be honest!) can really take it’s toll on your body, especially in heat, and leave you dehydrated and lacking nutrients. I added protein powder to my drink too, which means it’s perfect for after a gym session, and protein keeps you fuller for longer. Plus, because protein powder needs to be mixed with water (or milk), it means that you’re instantly getting 400ml of your recommended 2L of water per day. Sometimes in heat, I find I don’t feel like eating much, with a summer drink like this, it means you add nutrients into your body quickly and easily, whilst feeling refreshed too.
I love smoothies. I think they’re a perfect way to get essential vitamins and your 5 a day. So I decided on a blend of fruit, protein and matcha. Perfect. Moreover, the sweetness of the fruit means you’re more likely to cut back on sugary, fizzy drinks this summer too.
What you will need:
(A smoothie maker or blender).
- 1 medium sized banana. (Bananas are incredible sources of energy and have a tonne of benefits. Click here to see an extensive list!)
- Strawberries (approx. 5). (Strawberries can help to boost your immunity, along with a lot of other perks! They’re packed with vitamin C and magnese, which are great for antioxidant purposes. All whilst adding a sweet taste to the drink!)
- 400ml of water. (Instantly, you’ve added almost 1/4 of your RDA of water).
- Protein powder (of your choice, this step could also be skipped if necessary. I chose vanilla). Protein helps with muscle growth and to maintain muscle mass. (Building and repairing of tissues). This also aids with nail and hair maintenance. Plus, it keeps you full for longer, and gives you energy.
- Matcha Green & Mint tea. Green tea boosts your metabolism and helps you to burn calories, meaning it can aid in weight loss. It also aids concentration and helps to calm, all whilst detoxifying you naturally with its list of antioxidants. Mint tea, primarily, helps with digestion and issues with your stomach, but, as with any herbal tea, it can help to relive stress and anxiety. (The benefits for these tea’s are endless… literally!)
First, I sliced the banana into thin slices that would be easy to blend, and put them into my blender.
Then, I chopped the tops off of approximately 5 medium sized strawberries, quartered them, and put them in the blender with my banana slices.
Next, I added 2 scoops of my vanilla protein powder.
Then I added 2 scoops (recommended) of Matcha Green & Mint tea powder.
Finally, I added 400ml of fresh cold water. If you want an ice cold drink, you can add ice, or refrigerated water here instead.
What you’re left with is a tasty blend of metabolism-boosting, antioxidant, energy packed smoothie. Perfect for a summer day.
I think the thing I love the most about the Matcha Tea Powder is the fact that it’s so easy to simply add to anything. With my choice of Green & Mint, I thought it would also be nice to add to something containing dark chocolate. As dark chocolate is also known for it’s antioxidant, cold-fighting properties.
Overall, I’m so happy I got to try the Matcha, I think it makes a great addition to smoothies.
Thank you, EatCleanTea! #SummerOfMatcha
If you’re interested in any of EatCleanTea’s products, you can check them out here.
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to like and follow!
Let me know if you’ve tried any Matcha tea, or if you try my smoothie idea, and what you think!